Thursday, January 5, 2012

Weihnachten/God Jul~

This december was quiet a bit less snowy than last year is all I got to say. It was without a doubt cold though.  Due to the fact that there wasnt as much snow as last year I was able to go to the christmas markets a bit more this year. Which I loved, minus the fact that this year they were insanely packed.



 In Tubingen we had an amazing chocolate market, which I loved. I think it is one of my favorite things about Tubingen, Germany. I was a bit sick during it but I got to see it on my own and with some friends too.







 I went to Norway again this year to spend my second christmas with my dear friend Caroline and her sweet family. I had a great time with all of them and I am really happy they shared their  Norwegian holiday with me.  My friends mom, Tone, made me some great cookies too. During the traditional holiday dinner we eat a lot of food. I eat a lot of different kinds of potatoes and other things as I am a vegetarian. No matter what though at the end of dinner, everyone is stuffed.
As part of a Norwegian tradition we drink Aquavit after dinner. Its basically a digestive liquor, and it actually really helps with all the carbs one eats during christmas dinner. To be honest that stuff burns and tastes pretty bad but it is helpful. All in all I would say christmas was a great success and we all had a great time sharing the holiday together.

No comments:

Post a Comment